Art Director, Mike Bagby of Doe-Anderson Advertising, the agency for Maker’s Mark, told me that during the conceptual stage for the Maker’s 46 ad campaign, they often said “We need to get someone like Jimmy Williams to shoot this campaign.” Then it dawned on them, “Why don’t we just ask Jimmy Williams to shoot this campaign?” And they did.
The campaign features an elegant concept that balances clever headlines with captivating photos. The sophisticated locations enhance that relaxing moment while you unwind with a glass of Maker’s 46.
“Once we had sold the concept for the new Maker’s 46 campaign, there was only one photographer we were interested in to bring it to life: Jimmy Williams. Over the years we have looked enviously at his images and the way he finds the perfect angle and framing that reveal the true soul of a location. Finally, we had the opportunity to put his eye to work for us. The results were as evocative and brand-elevating as we hoped. Even better, Jimmy was a pleasure to work with throughout the lengthy process. We look forward to the next round.”
– David Vawter, Chief Creative Officer, Doe-Anderson
The Maker’s 46 ad campaign venues include:
– Keeneland, the number one rated thoroughbred racetrack in the US, in Lexington Kentucky
– Spectator Hotel in Charleston, SC, rated in the “10 BEST” in USA Today
– Streamsong Resort, Golf magazine’s #10 pick in the “Top 100 You Can Play” list, located near Tampa
– And of course, the mecca itself, the Maker’s Mark Distillery, in Loretto Kentucky
Any photographer would consider this as an ideal assignment – travel, great clients and bourbon. I’ll drink to that!